CALLING ALL SENIOR MEN AGE 55 OR OLDER
If you are currently a curler or getting back to curling after a layoff, or would like to learn to curl and are available to curl on Tuesday and/or Thursday afternoons, perhaps recently retired or semi-retired, then our league is ideal for you.
The Senior Men's Curling League has a rich history of hospitality, competition, fellowship and voluntarism in assisting the Vancouver Curling Club to meet its goals. It is not a drop-in league. Membership is required.
What we offer member curlers:
- Two 8-end games every week, Tuesday & Thursday, a total of 47 games (with a break over Christmas), starting in October and ending in March
- 10-game draw rotations so that curlers can meet and curl with all other members during the season
- Before- and after-game socializing, game-day draws and prizes
- A full (2 x week) membership is $410 for the whole season. A half membership (1 x week, either Tuesday or Thursday) is approx.$255
- We provide curling instruction for beginner to advanced recreational curlers
- The League is a Member of the Pacific Coast Masters Curling Association ("PCMCA") and members are eligible to participate in all Masters Bonspiels throughout the Lower Mainland
- However, the best news of all is that league members have the opportunity and privilege of playing on a state-of-the-art world-class high-tech ice surface located in the Hillcrest Centre which was the site of the 2010 Vancouver Olympic Curling Events.
Give us a call or email and we will be happy to get you started.
Contact Names: John Mathews (Membership) or Frank Fornelli (Drawmaster)
Contact Phone: John Mathews: 604-734-1399 or 604-351-4788 Frank Fornelli: 604-224-5063