If you are available to curl on Tuesday and/or Thursday afternoons, age 55 or older, male, perhaps recently retired or semi-retired, interested in learning how to curl or getting back to curling after a layoff, then our league is ideal for you. The Senior Men's Curling League has a rich history of hospitality, competition, fellowship and voluntarism in assisting the Vancouver Curling Club to meet its goals. It is not a drop-in league. Membership is required.
What we offer member curlers:
- Two 8-end games every week, Tuesday & Thursday, a total of 47 games (with a break over Christmas), starting in October and ending in March
- 10-game draw rotations so that curlers can meet and curl with all other members during the season
- Before- and after-game socializing, game-day draws and prizes
- Christmas and season-closing bonspiels
- A full (2 x week) membership is $400 for the whole season. A half membership (1 x week, either Tuesday or Thursday) is approx.$250
- Spares pay $10 per game. After five games, a spare must become a member of the Vancouver Curling Club ($36.75 including GST) to continue playing. Spares curl on an as-needed, as-available basis. Half-time curlers pay $5 to spare on their off day. Regular curlers on a bye, who play as spare, pay no charge.
- We provide curling instruction for beginner to advanced recreational curlers.
- In previous post-curling seasons, the league has organized golf in cooperation with Mylora Golf Club, Bocci on the beach, and/or group walks in the Lower Mainland.
- However, the best news of all is that league members have the opportunity and privilege of playing on a state-of-the-art world-class high-tech ice surface in the Vancouver Olympic Centre, plus take advantage of the Hillcrest Centre for aquatics and fitness for a reasonable additional fee.
Contact Names: John Reid (Membership), Jon Collins (Secretary)
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Contact Phone: John Reid 604-224-1127, Jon Collins 604-261-2418