A registration form for the 2017-18 junior program will be posted here sometime in May.
VCC welcomes young people ages eight to 18 years old to learn the game, develop their curling skills and simply have fun! The 2017-18 program will run for 20 sessions on Saturdays from noon to 2:00 pm, starting Sept. 23 and ending on April 7. There will be no curling on Oct. 28, Nov. 11, Nov. 18, Dec. 23, Dec. 30, Jan. 20, Jan. 27, Feb. 17 and Mar. 3 due to holidays and club bonspiels.
The junior program is run by certified coaches and assistants. Kidsport Canada offers support for low-income families.
- Instill the interest and desire to learn the game of curling in a fun and challenging environment
- Focus on skill development such as delivery, sweeping, calling a game, strategy, communication and teamwork
Most sessions will be on the ice. Some sessions, such as strategy, will initially be off-ice and then on-ice for a game.
What to wear?
- Wear sweats or loose-fitting pants that won’t restrict your movement on the ice.
- It can be cold, so wear layers and bring a toque, gloves or mittens.
- Wear runners with a rubber-like sole (not plastic), and ensure the bottoms are clean and free of all dirt and stones. If possible, dedicate a pair of shoes for curling use only (i.e. wear your street shoes to the club, then change into your curling shoes).