VCC Junior Development Program 2015-16
- SPECIAL - Junior Open House Day - Feb. 6th, 2016
Open to the public, youth aged 18 and under. Session runs from 11:30am - 1:30pm at the Vancouver Curling Club. All equipment and coaching provided, please sign the waiver release for your child below.
PARENTS REGISTER YOUR CHILD HERE
Regular Session Junior Curling at the VCC!
The VCC welcomes young people ages 10-18, to learn the game, develop their curling skills and simply have fun! The program runs Saturdays from 11:30am to 1:30pm from Sept. 19 to April 9 (the season schedule can be viewed here).
- Instill the interest and desire to learn the game of curling in a fun and challenging environment.
- Focus on skill development such as Delivery, Sweeping Technique, Turns (in turn, out turn), Line of Delivery, Weight Judging (sweepers), How to Call a Game, Strategy, Terms of the Game, Communication and Teamwork.
Most sessions will be on the ice. Some sessions (e.g. Strategy) will initially be off-ice and then on-ice for a game.
What to wear?
- Wear sweats or loose-fitting pants that won’t restrict your movement on the ice.
- It can be cold, so wear layers and bring a toque, gloves or mittens.
- Wear runners with a rubber-like sole (not plastic), and ensure the bottoms are clean and free of all dirt and stones. If possible, dedicate a pair of shoes for curling use only (i.e. wear your street shoes to the club, then change into your curling shoes).
For more info, contact us or phone 604.874.0122.