VCC Junior Development Program 2015-16
Junior curling at the VCC!
The VCC welcomes our younger curlers aged 10-18, to learn the game, develop their curling skills and simply have fun! The program runs Saturdays from 11:30am to 1:30pm from Sept. 19 to April 9 (the season schedule will be posted once all dates are confirmed).
- Instill the interest and desire to learn the game of curling in a fun and challenging environment.
- Focus on skill development such as Delivery, Sweeping Technique, Turns (in turn, out turn), Line of Delivery, Weight Judging (sweepers), How to Call a Game, Strategy, Terms of the Game, Communication and Teamwork.
Most sessions will be on the ice. Some sessions (e.g. Strategy) will initially be off-ice and then on-ice for a game.
What to wear?
- Wear sweats or loose-fitting pants that won’t restrict your movement on the ice.
- It can be cold, so wear layers and bring a toque, gloves or mittens.
- Wear runners with a rubber-like sole (not plastic), and ensure the bottoms are clean and free of all dirt and stones. If possible, dedicate a pair of shoes for curling use only (i.e. wear your street shoes to the club, then change into your curling shoes).
For more info, contact us or phone 604.874.0122.