VCC Junior Development Program 2016-17
The VCC welcomes young people ages 10-18, to learn the game, develop their curling skills and simply have fun! The 2016-17 program will run Saturdays noon to 2:00 pm from Sept. 24 to April 8.
- Instill the interest and desire to learn the game of curling in a fun and challenging environment
- Focus on skill development such as delivery, sweeping, calling a game, strategy, communication and teamwork
Most sessions will be on the ice. Some sessions, such as strategy, will initially be off-ice and then on-ice for a game.
What to wear?
- Wear sweats or loose-fitting pants that won’t restrict your movement on the ice.
- It can be cold, so wear layers and bring a toque, gloves or mittens.
- Wear runners with a rubber-like sole (not plastic), and ensure the bottoms are clean and free of all dirt and stones. If possible, dedicate a pair of shoes for curling use only (i.e. wear your street shoes to the club, then change into your curling shoes).
For more information contact Richard Brower at email@example.com or 604-874-0122.