Hillcrest Centre Grand Opening
In partnership with the Vancouver Park Board and all of our neighbours at the Hillcrest Centre, the VCC is proud to celebrate the facility's grand opening. A legacy of the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games, Hillcrest Centre is a spectacular community centre that includes a library, a fitness centre, a gymnasium, a hockey arena, an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, as well as the new home of the Vancouver Curling Club.
This day-long community celebration - from 11am to 3pm - is a chance to celebrate this legacy facility. Free activities during the day include:
- Free on-ice coaching to allow people to give it a go on the ice
- Capital One Rocks & Rings (a curling program held on the floor – not on the ice – to introduce kids to curling)
- Colouring station and balloons for kids
- Brier Cup and the Continental Cup will be on-hand for photos
- Kids storytime in the Terry Salman Library Branch
- Dance lessons and demonstrations in the recreation centre
- Live music throughout the facility
- And much more!
The official Opening Ceremony will take place at 1pm, and the VCC will also host a special ceremony at 2pm for Leo Hebert regarding his recent awarding of an Honorary Life Membership from Curl BC.