Open Ice Schedule
Open Ice is scheduled practice time, dedicated to VCC members for the advancement of their skills and enjoyment. During the season, the schedule, posted below is updated every Monday morning. Open Ice time can change up to 24 hours in advance. To avoid disappointment, please confirm ice availability by reviewing the schedule below, updated daily.
New this season -- monthly open ice! The last Saturday of each month (September to March) all eight sheets will be available to members between 4 and 6pm.
To uphold the joys and benefits of Open Ice, please know the following:
- open Ice is available on a first-come, first-served basis - upon arrival at VCC, check the sign above the Ice Shed Manager's office door to confirm which sheets are in use during Open Ice
- share the ice by restricting your time to 30 minutes when all open ice sheets are in use, and others are waiting
- schedule league make-up games only during open ice time on Saturdays from 4pm to 9pm (depending on Club schedule). Book your make-up game a minimum one week in advance (first-come first-served basis) by contacting Ryan (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 604.877.0122 Ext. 102. A maximum of two make-up games can be booked per week
- teams who qualify for a provincial or national event, who will represent VCC can utilize 8 - 1 hour blocks of open practice ice. To book practice contact Ryan - email@example.com
- open Ice cannot be utilized for league play downs for national or international events. If a league wishes to hold playoffs or play downs outside of their draws (as outlined in their agreement with the Club), the league (or the players involved) will be responsible for renting the ice at the same rate as their negotiated agreement
- members cannot receive remuneration for coaching offered during the use of Open Ice. Should guests / members like to receive lessons, please email Shirley Mann - firstname.lastname@example.org at the Club for more info about lesson options with a registered and certified Club coach